Saturday, June 20, 2009

Options

Decisions are so fun. Especially when you have trouble making them. Recently I've been faced with the decision to choose between an amazing boy and an amazing mission call to Australia. What an amazing time in our lives when we have so many options to lead us to become the people we want to be! But how do you decide which is the best choice at this specific time in your life when you can't compare the outcomes? I guess that's the beauty of faith.

As my best friends will tell you, I love to have a plan. So the surprising turn of events this summer has really taught me that you can't always plan on what life is going to throw you. It was a little frustrating to really not know what would happen come July 29, but I've learned to simply live the best I can and trust that God will help me make the choice that's best for me and for others.

Sometimes I think we are too logical when making decisions, and I've realized that there are times when your heart makes a decision before your mind even registers it. And once your heart is set on something, it's just up to your mind to realize and come to terms with it.

So this rambling post is to say what my heart (and Steve's) decided about either staying behind and getting married to an incredible person or serving the people of Australia for 18 months...



I'm going on a mission!!!

2 comments:

  1. The suspense was killing me as I was reading your post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your decision. That would definitely be a hard one! Thanks for sharing your thoughts :) I love that you have a blog!

    ReplyDelete