How my parents actually kept it a secret is quite the miracle. But what an eventful weekend to be home...the Oakland Temple, Mother's Day, visiting relatives, my early birthday celebration, and Miranda's Senior Ball!
10:00 a.m.
The day started off with the idea that my domesticity would empower me to make a little shrug/crop top thingy for Miranda to wear with her prom dress. She had already borrowed a black one to wear over her yellow dress, but NO SISTER OF MINE would attend a formal looking like a bumblebee.
12:00 p.m.
Walked out of Joann's like a champ, bearing a Simplicity pattern and 1 yard of freshly cut, off-white special occasion fabric.
12:30 p.m.
Greeted my adorable grandparents, gorged myself on some scrumptious Dim Sum (Chinese snacks or stuff you buy in SF bakeries), and sat down to work...
2:30 p.m.
Almost done with the attempt at de-bumblebee-izing my sister... Just have to stitch some loose ends and right-side it out...
2:35 p.m.
What the?! Premature rejoicing...I have NO IDEA what I created!!!
It looked the right shape when it was inside-out, but when we reversed it, something was very wrong. My uncle said that it looked like a pair of pants for a very fat dwarf.
Needless to say, I was embarrassed. So much for being a domestic goddess. But I remembered the words of the late Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin:
"Learn to laugh!"
3:30 p.m.
Gave up on the shrug and started on my next project...hair and makeup!
6:00 p.m.
Finished curling Miranda's hair and doing her makeup, but I was still determined to get the shrug to work! Miranda was already half an hour late to meet up with her friends, but like I said, I was determined.
6:30 p.m.
A miracle and ten prayers later, I literally had some divine intervention and inspiration to get the sleeves to work. Ahh...finished!
The adorable couple. High school love. : )
All the girls. With pretty bouquets made by one girl's mom.
thanks for the play by play of your day. ;) haha. no but really, great job! i'm so proud of you. she looks beau-ti-ful!
ReplyDeleteoh megan! you are amazing! megan, tell miranda she looks so classy, modest, beautiful, and darling in her ball gown! I love and miss you... and yes, I cannont wait to be in your presence again! <333
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness you got a blog! => Now I have two ways to stalk you. lol jk How fun that you got to suprise your sister! & Happy birthday girl!!! Love ya!
ReplyDeleteYou and your sisters are gorgeous. The end.
ReplyDelete