Oh my goodness, I will be set apart as a missionary in less than 3 days! Once that happens, my little sister (aka the Panda Miranda) will be my companion until I enter the MTC at 12:30 pm on Wednesday. Is that legal? Hm, I hope so. The stake president didn't seem to have a problem with it. Anyway, this also means I will be saying adios to all that is un-missionary-like come Sunday. No more Facebook. No more blogging. What else? I don't even know the rules once you're set apart. The only thing I know is that I'll be dressing like a sister. Maybe I shouldn't use that term. It sounds like I'm swearing or something.
It still hasn't sunk in what I'm about to do. Right now it just feels like I'm at home visiting for the holidays. Only it's hot outside. And other than finishing up immunizations and preparing for my "farewell" talk, not much has been done that makes me feel like I'm a missionary. I am starting to get nervous though. I try to prevent myself from dwelling on those feelings though because I know that fear is the opposite of faith. I guess the thing that scares me the most is myself...not being able to work hard consistently and constantly for the whole 18...being able to overcome feelings of discouragement...being a good missionary...gaining weight...
Ok so the last one is just a joke. Well, maybe still a minor concern in the back of my mind. I'm sure missionaries have just the same temptations they do before they are set apart, so I'm a little nervous about my tendency to overeat and not stop when I'm full. I guess a little rotundness could be a positive thing? Thank goodness I'll be biking. And sweating a lot. Excuse me, I should say "glistening" a lot. According to Steve, girls don't sweat. They glisten. So I anticipate much glistening in the future for me then.
Oh my goodness girlie! I am so excited and proud that you are going to serve our Lord and bring this wonderful gospel, or wonderful news to the people of Australia!! I can understand where nerves and anticipation will creep in, but just so you know, I know that you will be an amazing missionary! I have no doubt that you are doing a wonderful work, and I am so proud of you for it! I wish you all the luck and faith you need!! I will be praying for you! Love ya girlie!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great post Megan! You've always been an example to me, especially when it relates to spiritual things, and I know you have what it takes to be an fantastic missionary. Hope you're getting set apart after your get together Sunday night. Of course, I can still hug you cuz I'm a girl!
ReplyDeleteOh Meg! I loved this post. You're one of my favorite bloggers. Too bad you can't blog as a missionary....haha, kidding! But really, I am so excited for you. I can't believe it is almost here. And you know how I feel about it...I know you will be amazing and the Lord will help and strengthen you as you serve Him. Can't wait to be your pseudo-comp for a few hours on Tuesday! ;) Oh...and remember not to let yourself go. Haha!
ReplyDeleteMegan, thank you for that post. You always have the right thing to say, just when I need it most. I love you and I know Heavenly Father will send His angels to watch over you throughout your mission. Please expect many letters from me... seeking advice and just wanting to catch up. I love you. <3
ReplyDelete