The weekend before the little goodbye party, one of my best friends, Emily, came up from her little home town of Burbank to see me one last time.
a group of us at the Pizza Factory
I got the hiccups and someone told me to drink water upside-down to make them go away. Little did I know that Steve would have so much fun holding me down and "drowning" me! Don't let his innocent face deceive you ; )
Lisa and I at my last intramural game (for now). I just had to wear my "windsor groupies" shirt in honor of the occasion.
Here's my little Angie recreating one of my favorite inside jokes one last time. Ang, please don't kill me for posting this! At least it's not on facebook...
For the past few months I've had the opportunity to job shadow a physical therapist in a rehabilitation center at the hospital. It was a really neat setting since all the patients were suffering with some sort of brain or spinal cord injury. Most of the people I worked with had experienced a traumatic event (stroke, accidents riding kite-boards, snowboards, or motorcycles) and literally had to change their lives completely. Many had to learn, over several months or years, how to walk all over again. I was impressed with the huge connection between recovery and the patient's determination. Like in most circumstances, attitude determines outcomes.
Here's a picture with Shane, the rehab center's physical therapist, on my last day.
AH-MAZING guy. Miss that place already!
Steve and I visited Temple Square in our last hours together. Here we are after a very filling dinner at the Garden Restaurant on the roof of the Joseph Smith Memorial Building. He's one of the best people I've ever known.
For the past few months I've had the opportunity to job shadow a physical therapist in a rehabilitation center at the hospital. It was a really neat setting since all the patients were suffering with some sort of brain or spinal cord injury. Most of the people I worked with had experienced a traumatic event (stroke, accidents riding kite-boards, snowboards, or motorcycles) and literally had to change their lives completely. Many had to learn, over several months or years, how to walk all over again. I was impressed with the huge connection between recovery and the patient's determination. Like in most circumstances, attitude determines outcomes.
AH-MAZING guy. Miss that place already!
Right now I find myself at a crossroads of emotions. On the one hand, I'm so excited to be serving the people of Australia and in dedicating 18 months of my life to my Heavenly Father and His work. On the other hand, I'm torn about leaving the people I care so much about and realize that I also leave behind a time in my life that I have absolutely loved. No responsibility, no school, no real job, and plenty of time to strengthen relationships with people I love. Ok, so basically it's been a lazy period of my life and it's probably a good thing I'm going on a mission!
Thanks to my friends who have supported me so much and given me a summer to remember! As the summer draws to a close and we adapt to changes and move on with our lives, I know the memories will be sure to last!
Thanks to my friends who have supported me so much and given me a summer to remember! As the summer draws to a close and we adapt to changes and move on with our lives, I know the memories will be sure to last!
oh i love love love love love you megan! what will i do without you? :( oh i know... i will write you!!!!!!!!! yahoo soon please?
ReplyDeleteokay...so many things to say. lets see if i can remember them. FIRST...I CANNOT BELIEVE YOU PUT THAT PICTURE OF ME ON YOUR BLOG!!! i laughed for so long. but don't worry, it was a silent creeper laugh since i have NO voice. second, i am sad that i am not in your last intramural game wearing my groupie shirt by your side. so wrong. third, you and steve-o are just oh so cute. love that pic. next, the picture of you and the merrills...CLASSIC! and last, you are so fabulous and i miss you so much!!! you're going to be the best missionary ever! <3
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness Megan! I miss you already! Australia is so lucky to have you for the next 18 months!
ReplyDelete